Friday, June 13, 2008
scrubs
you know, i'm a nurse, so i wear scrubs to work. i'm 5 months pregnant, and there are people that still act surprised when i tell them i'm pregnant. i know scrubs are really shapless and bulky, but c'mom! you gotta be able to realize that my extraordinarily large and perfectly round belly is not due to krispy kreme doughnuts. and then i had someone tell me i wasn't very big for 5 months. oh really? define big, because big to me is any point where you find yourself unable to pick up a pencil off the floor without having to grab something to haul your huge arse back up to a standing position. it amuses me, because other people will say, "are you sure there's not twins in there?". yeah, i'm pretty sure. unless the other one is really, really good at hiding. at any rate, if i had twins in there, i think i would dislocate my hip i tried to squat down and pick anything up off the floor. well, i should go for now, claybear is suddenly quiet, and that is never a good sign. he must be into something and i need to discover what that is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nora, I was laughing out loud at your post! I didn't know you were a nurse - what type of unit do you work on?? I actually had a resident poke my belly when I was pregnant with my first, wearing the scrubs with the tie waistband. The tie was making it look like I had an "out-y" and the resident poked it, only to realize that was totally inappropriate when I gave him a skin-melting glare! Too funny...
I work at the nursing home right now - and i like it. I want to eventually get into OB though. :)
Post a Comment